Sunday, January 21, 2007

Gazebo Country Inn

After Deb and I got back to Salida from Cache Creek, I dropped Deb off downtown to go through some antique shops while I visited the Salida Regional Library. Vic Mabus was very helpful in showing me the collection of local history. Before I left, I asked about the Hathaway House, which was owned by Wilburn and Elizabeth’s daughter, Clara Christison Hathaway. The next thing I knew, I was on the phone with Sandy Stewart who owns the house and runs the Gazebo Country Inn bed and breakfast. Sandy invited Deb and I for a tour.

I walked through the door of the Victorian two-story home, stopped and stared in awe at the magnificent hand-carved oak stairway. It is glorious. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Visit the website
http://www.gazebocountryinn.com/ to see pictures of the home and a picture of Clara and Al Hathaway. Click on “photo tour” for beautiful pictures staircase and the home. Also click on “rooms and rates” to view the bedrooms.

No comments: